The Converse County Hospital Foundation works throughout Douglas, Converse County, and beyond to build relationships and secure funding to champion healthcare in Converse County. The Hospital Foundation is currently seeking a fulltime director to assist the organization in its mission.
Manages all aspects of the MHCC Foundation fundraising program including annual giving programs, planned giving, capital giving, grant writing and fundraising events. Manages the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations and foundations making planned, annual and capital gifts. Responsible for managing and leading the daily operation of the Foundation in achieving the policies, objectives and strategic goals established by the Board of Directors. Responsible for meeting legal and financial requirements of state and federal regulations.Responsible for developing, training, supporting and recognizing volunteers in their efforts to solicit individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree is required and 3-5 years of experience in this field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within this field. Proficiently operates a personal computer. Is able to perform office tasks with Microsoft Office Suite programs and donor programs.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing to a wide range of people; effective planning and organization skills and experience in grant writing; proven ability to maintain good working relationships with a variety of people and groups.
1. Manages all financial and daily operation aspects of the MHCC Foundation fundraising program including annual giving programs, planned giving, capital giving and fundraising events and grant applications. Demonstrates stewardship and accountability to the Board of Directors.
2. Manages the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations and foundations making planned, annual and capital gifts.
3. Tracks monthly fundraising progress toward foundation goal achievement and ensures the preparation and distribution of informative reports on strategy effectiveness, progress toward goals, and prospect contacts at the Foundations regular meetings.
4. Prepares, manages and monitors revenue and cost-effective expense budgets to ensure financial targets are achieved for all development activities.
5. Directs and supervises a records management system including: gift processing, donor acknowledgements, reports, data maintenance, fundraising and campaign support.
6. Collaborates with board, volunteer leaders, hospital and department leadership and staff to establish, implement and achieve philosophies, goals and objectives.
7. Plans special events and establishes specific cultivation strategies for selected donors.
8. Participates in individual, corporate and foundation solicitation including making presentations, completing the “ask”, bringing closure, and developing strategies to retain and foster existing donors and sponsors.
9. Creates, implements, and coordinates the recognition of planned gift donors and major gifts contributors to ensure timely expression of thanks and activities to encourage continued support.
10. Responsible for developing, training, supporting and recognizing fundraising volunteers in their effects to solicit individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
11. Performs administrative functions relating to areas of responsibility.
12. Demonstrates relationship development, customer service, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
13. Possesses knowledge of regulatory standards as applicable to foundation and charitable giving.
14. Coordinate a Planned Giving program t0 promote and secure lifetime and testamentary gifts through the use of trusts, bequests, annuities and other forms of deferred giving
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Works in cooperation with other employees.
2. Attends and participate in team and company meetings and provides updates as requested.
3. Assists with special projects as assigned.
4. Performs other duties as assigned by the Foundation Board that may not be included in this job description.
5. May be asked to chair a Fundraising Hospital Committee.
6. Attends workshops/conferences.
7. Follows the Code of Behavior.
1. Works flexible hours, including overtime.
2. Accepts change as position grows with the progress of the Foundation and hospital fundraising.
• Health, Dental, Life insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Continuing Education
• Tuition Assistance
Listed in the annals of Top 100 Small Town in America, Douglas, Wyoming offers hometown values, great schools, fantastic churches and one of the strongest economies in the country. Our vibrant community of 6000 people is nestled along the North Platte River and bordered by Laramie Peak and the Thunderbasin Grasslands. Boutique clothing stores, quaint restaurants and historic museums all add to Douglas' charm. If you would like to learn more please log on to www.conversehospital.com/careers.