This is a full time position with a varying schedule.
Our Medical/Surgical (Med/Surg) Registered Nurse opening is a full-time position. Our ideal candidate will be a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for providing patient focused health care. The Med/Surg RN will utilize the nursing process, communication skills, and problem solving techniques to deliver quality care. The Med/Surg RN will also be responsible for the knowledge and technical skill needed to operate a variety of mechanical devices to accomplish this task.
Under the direction of the nurse manager, the Med/Surg RN will work throughout the medical/surgical unit. They will manage individualized, goal-directed nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
The candidate will need to display attributes that lend themselves to nursing: the ability to provide clinical reasoning, decision-making and clinical thinking; the ability to promote compassion and a therapeutic environment; the ability to provide a high level of patient confidentiality; strong written and verbal communications skills at the staff, patient and family levels; the ability to maintain quality-working relationships with peers; the ability to react appropriately in any environment or situation.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current RN License for the State of Wyoming.
• Attends continuing education programs in order to maintain licensure.
• Minimum of one year of medical/surgical clinical experience as a direct care provider or completion of a graduate nurse externship program.
• Demonstrated proficiency in acute care nursing, knowledge, and skills.
• Ability to care for multiple patients.
• Flexibility in scheduling and in moving within patient care areas.
• Strong clinical assessment skills.
• CPR required, ACLS required, PALS required
• Clinical resource for staff.
• CPR certification.
• Current Wyoming state RN license.
• ACLS within one year of hire
• STABLE recommended
• Health, Dental, Life insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Low Patient-to-Staff Ratio
• We provide your uniforms
• Continuing Education
• Tuition Assistance
You can’t think “Hospital” without thinking “Nurse”. Our nurses are very important to us here at MHCC; we couldn’t do what we do without them. If you are a Registered Nurse, consider joining our excellent team of professionals.
Listed in the annals of Top 100 Small Town in America, Douglas, Wyoming offers hometown values, great schools, fantastic churches and one of the strongest economies in the country. Our vibrant community of 6000 people is nestled along the North Platte River and bordered by Laramie Peak and the Thunderbasin Grasslands. Boutique clothing stores, quaint restaurants and historic museums all add to Douglas' charm. If you would like to learn more please log on to www.conversehospital.com/careers.